Best Vibe In The Caribbean
Most visitors to the Dominican Republic come for the white-sand beaches and tropical waters that can be enjoyed here year round. The more adventurous hike or join a donkey trek into the hills, stopping to take a plunge in a tucked-away waterfall…
But this week, we’re in the capital city of Santo Domingo for our 2017 Live and Invest in the Dominican Republic Conference. Santo Domingo is a different slice of this diverse Caribbean island—one that many tourists fail to check off their list. But for would-be expats and investors, the capital is worth stopping by.
Some expats we know have settled happily here, preferring city life, while still being within 30 minutes of the beach. Those who live over in our favorite beach community on the island, Las Terrenas, make the two-hour trip to Santo Domingo when they’re in need of more sophisticated shopping… or dinner and a night at the opera… or just a complete change of scenery…
Many of the havens we recommend to you offer diverse living options. Usually, though, it’s hard to find true diversity on a Caribbean island. But the DR is full of surprises. It even has its own mini Hollywood…
Last year, Rico Pester from Lifestyle Group Realty told us about the up-and-coming beach community of Juan Dolio. Thirty-five minutes from the capital city, Juan Dolio is an easy commute for expats working in the big multinationals based in Santo Domingo. Out in Juan Dolio, residents have access to superb beaches, golf courses, and cleaner air.
Rico told us that, because developers can build higher here (beyond the restrictions of three or four floors in other areas), you get better value per square meter. Juan Dolio is home to British-owned Pinewood Studios where parts of Vin Diesel’s latest “xXx” movie were filmed. And, it’s estimated that, over the next decade, 100,000 movie industry folks will relocate here. I’m looking forward to hearing the latest scoop on this area from Rico later in the week…
If you’re with us in Santo Domingo, I look forward to meeting you on Wednesday morning. If you can’t make it, then don’t miss your chance to get the insider scoop on why the Dominican Republic is a top option for living, investing, and diversifying offshore today…
Right now, at a pre-release discount of more than 50%, you get to listen in on (and flip through the presentations from):
- Lief Simon’s welcome and introduction to living in the Dominican Republic;
- Expat stories: Todd Schlosser, Bill Piatt, and more expat friends share their stories on moving, settling in, and running a business in the DR;
- Your top visa and residency options for living in the DR;
- How to buy and own your Dominican Republic property securely;
- An overview of health-care facilities (Note: The standard is high here yet a fraction of U.S. costs.);
- Managing money, paying bills, and banking in the DR;
- Opportunities for living and investing in Las Terrenas (on the Samaná Peninsula);
- Current investment opportunities in Cap Cana, the North Coast, and Santo Domingo’s Zona Colonial;
- Managing your rental property;
- And more (including bringing in your pets, protecting your assets, learning Spanish, and volunteering opportunities).
All of this insider scoop is the result of three busy days of back-to-back presentations in Santo Domingo. But, listening in from home, you can absorb all the same information at your own pace… in whatever order you prefer.
Editor, Live and Invest Overseas Confidential
Tel. 1-888-627-8834 (toll-free in the United States)